It’s been almost 3 months since my last post, but I’m happy to be back! I feel like every time I say “I’ll be posting more on my blog and Instagram!” something happens which makes me neglect my social media, but it’s always something good so I don’t mind. My boyfriend recently got a Wii U for our apartment and we adopted another cat (her name is Notii and she's a ball of black fluff and energy) so this totally didn’t help with my productivity. Also, you might have noticed I changed my blog name. While I still love “cats & macarons" (I kept the domain and it redirects to this one now) I feel this one suits me better! I struggle with my OCD on a daily basis, it makes me doubt myself and my work often, but I still try to make the best of each day and I keep creating no matter what; add my love for everything cats and The Purrfectionist was born! (more like The Purrcrastinator... ahahah) Anyway, I hope this summer has been wonderful for all of you! For me it has seriously been super fun, but also busy and quite rainy. I feel like it went by too fast, hello September! So today I want to share with you some of my favorite things this season!
• Love & Roses mist by Olivine Atelier - I purchased this a few months back, but I found myself using it quite often during summer. This mist is made with a blend of essential oils and flower essences to soften and soothe skin. I love applying it after I shower and before applying make up since it feels very refreshing. It has a calming light rose scent and it’s even infused with rose quartz (good vibes all around!). Also, it’s vegan! I’ve used mine so much I’m almost out as you can see. Will definitely repurchase!
• Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint in Light - This summer I seriously survived with no foundation, just sunscreen and concealer. On those days I wanted something extra this lightweight skin tint came to the rescue! Even though it’s very sheer it helps evens out your skin tone and makes your skin look smoother. I love that it feels like you are wearing nothing at all on your face! The only “con" I can find is that it offers very little coverage so this might not be for everyone. (Psst, if you are interested in purchasing and would like 20% off, feel free to use my referral code)!
• Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Shampoo & Créme Rinse -
These products are AMAZING! Made with dragon fruit, lychee, green apple extracts, coconut water, Imbe oil and aloe these products gently cleanse and hydrate hair without weighting it down, plus they smell heavenly. I've been getting a lot of compliments about my hair since I started using them. My hair is between 2a and 2b (loose waves) with medium thickness which gets oily really fast and even though the bottle says "fine, wavy curly hair" these have been great for my hair since they give shine and hydration without making hair heavy and limp. I recently cut my hair into a messy layered bob so it's just what I needed to keep my waves looking fluffy and effortlessly "tousled" . Plus it seriously feels much softer and it has not been frizzy at all (before I would need to use hair mists to help control the frizz)! This brand uses natural, organic and sustainably produced ingredients. Also, these shampoos and conditioners are also sulfate, paraben, phthalate and cruelty free!
• Koi Watercolors 24 color Field Sketch Set - I’ve found myself putting down Copics and coloring with watercolors instead. I got this 24 color travel set as a gift and I love it so much. I’ve been using it all summer and taking it along to pretty much everywhere; its sleek and lightweight design is perfect. The paints are very pigmented and offer beautiful vibrant colors. This set includes a refillable water brush, a mixing palette and dabbing sponges. I’m not a big fan of the water brush that comes in this set since I feel it gets worn out fast. I got a Pentel Aquash brush to use instead and I highly recommend it. You can choose from three nib sizes (fine, medium and large), holds a good amount of water and it has a nice sharp tip. I’ve been meaning to buy thicker paper to work with, but right now I’m using a Canson’s 140lb Watercolor paper sketchbook.
(Left: Koi Waterbrush M nib // Right: Pentel Aquash Brush M nib)
(Top: Lush Liquid Liner in Fantasy // Bottom: Lancome Juicy Shaker in Great-Fruit)
• Lancome Juicy Shaker in Great-Fruit -I fall for cute packing too easily and this cocktail shaker inspired packaging was too cute to pass up! You shake the bottle (it even sounds like an actual shaker) to mix the nourishing apricot, peach, sweet almond, cranberry and muscat rose oils with the pigment. There’s 20 different shades to choose from and each one has a corresponding scent that! After swatching them in-store Great-Fruit (which smells just like delicious grapefruit hard candies!) was my favorite. It’s a lovely orange coral that looks super vibrant on the bottle but it actually goes on quite sheer like most of the other shades available. The only downside of these is that these are not very long lasting so you will have to re-aply during the day.
• Lush Liquid Liner in Fantasy - While I’ve been really into minimal and natural looking makeup lately when I want to give a little “boost” to my eye makeup I love adding a thin line of gold liquid liner either under my lower lashes! I’m currently loving this gorgeous shade by Lush. I find the applicator to be a bit tricky, but you get the hang of it after a few tries or you can just dip a small angled brush! Fantasy is pigmented, long-lasting and best of all, 100% vegan!
• NEST fragrance in Citrine - I got two deluxe samples at Sephora because I’m a sucker for perfumes with citrus notes and instantly fell in love. It’s made with notes of lemon blossom, lotus flower, freesia, dew drop accord and precious woods. Citrine is such a refreshing fragrance that you can wear anytime of day, I’ve gotten so many compliments when wearing it. The citrus notes play along nicely with the light floral notes, it’s not overpowering at all. I seriously NEED the full size of this, but these deluxe sample roll-ons last a lot so, yay!
(You might be wondering why these look new… well… I might have stocked up on these… ooops)
• Pink Flamingo bubble bar - I think it's obvious I'm obsessed with cats, but did you know I also REALLY love flamingos!? Lush is totally fueling this flamingo love with this super cute bubble bar! It smells like a delicious fruity tropical cocktail, it’s made with skin softening cocoa butter, turns water PINK and it’s vegan! To use just hold the bar under the running tap for a bit and you will get lots of bubbles and deliciously scented pink water. Also, this bubble bars is reusable, you can get around 3-4 baths from it (the flamingo wont look like a flamingo after the first use tho)!
• Brightside bubble bar - This bubble bar is made with a citrus blend of Sicilian mandarin, tangerine and bergamot oils it making it smell delicious! It’s also vegan and turns the water a gorgeous orange-red shade. Brightside is not moisturizing unlike the Pink Flamingo bubble bar, but the scent, bubbles and color make this a perfect summer afternoon bath treat! This bubble bar is a on the bigger side so I always cut mine in 4 pieces and I just crumble one of the fourths under the tap whenever I want to use it.
• Boho-chic fashion - If you’ve followed me for a while on Tumblr or Instagram you know I was a huge fan of “kawaii fashion” and “jfashion”, but since summer of 2015 I feel my style has transitioned into a more laid back style (you can usually find me wearing striped tops, skinny jeans and flats or sandals). These past months I’ve been seriously loving boho-chic fashion. Paisley prints, flowy camisole tops, olive and mustard colored pieces, soft wide pants, sandals, pretty crystals, rustic gold toned accessories and so on! I find this style looks very fashionable and flattering while still being super comfortable and perfect for this hot weather! I've been getting a lot of cute pieces from AE, Marshall's/TJ Maxx and also secondhand from Poshmark!
(This was my first Vaporeon, don't judge those CP, it's a weak and small baby but I love her)
• Pokémon Go - TEAM MYSTIC REPRESENT!!! I’ve been having fun catching Pokémons everywhere I go. This also became a fun way to exercise during summer since my boyfriend and I would walk around town on the afternoons looking for Pokémons. My current goal is to get all the Eevee evolutions. Also, how cute is this plush my boyfriend got me? Vaporeon is my favorite Pokémon (followed by Sylveon and Espeon)!